Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Our First House

So we've been in our first house for 7 months now and we've done a bit of work to the place.  The only room on the main floor we haven't touched yet is the bathroom (and there are plans for that...hopefully happening this summer!)  Here's what we've done so far.
Living Room:
We painted and added new window treatments.  Roman shades from JC Penney and Chocolate drapes from Ikea.  Also, my favorite chair (where all the colors came from) is from Target.

Kitchen:  This obviously isn't the best shot, but you can see everything we did up close.  We stained the beat up medium oak cabinets to a nice mahogany and added hardware.  Added new countertops and a glass tile backsplash.  We also replaced the stove that was older than Reece and I.  :) 

Second Bedroom:  This room used to be a Minnesota Twins theme with navy blue walls.  While it wasn't terrible, the room was so DARK!  I love the cheerful yellow it is now.  It's MUCH brighter!  I also made the curtains that have a funky retro pattern.


Our bedroom:  I painted the walls a warm medium gray, new window treatments, and bedding.  The painting on the wall serves as our headboard right now and is from Gustav Klimpt's "Tree of Life".  I also have another Kimpt print in our bedroom - "The Kiss"  Since the picture was taken I've added some awesome lamps from Pier 1.  Looking to add some real furniture (like nightstands and a headboard) but need to wait until I find the right pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment