Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

The New Bathroom

Finally, the pictures I promised before.  We finished our bathroom project about a month ago now and I LOVE it!  We were able to keep the floors and tub/shower, and we ripped everything else out.  Here's what it looks like.  I'm so happy with how it turned out.  :)

This is the view from the outside looking in.  It is a teeny tiny bathroom, but I think the white ceiling and light color on the walls with white trim make it look bigger than it actually is.

 This is the view of the other side looking into the bathroom.

Here's a good shot of the wainscoting we put up, as well as the new toilet, 
new cabinet (built by Reece), and new valance to match cabinet.

 
A close-up of the cabinet.  This thing is huge!  I love how it turned out.  
Reece just built a box and we attached an old window with fabric as the door.

My little picture collage.  I just spray painted some thrift store frames.  
The birds were actually some greeting cards my Grandma Shirley had, and I made the "Wash Your Hands" sign after seeing one like it on pinterest.com.

This is a little blurry, but you can see the vanity here.  I also painted our old mirror to match the new white wainscoting.  We have a quartz counter top and a new sleek modern faucet.

One of my favorite things is this corner.  
It used to have a bulky cabinet on the wall.  
I bought a new frame and mat for a print I already had and 
I mounted some inexpensive hooks on the wall for towels.  
Simple yet pretty and functional.

Well, that's it!  Like I said, I love it.  Every time I'm in there, I just look around and feel so happy!  We're not totally done though...about a week after we "finished" our bathroom fan went kaput.  So now we have a fan to install too.  Love Menards!  The best part is we did the whole thing on a budget and only spent about $800.  Pretty good as far as bathrooms go.

No comments:

Post a Comment